Tesla Motors said it is currently looking into an isolated fire incident in Canada involving a Model S sedan Automotive News reported.
According to reports, the fire took place in a Toronto garage earlier this month shortly after the car’s owner returned from a drive. Business Insider Web said the car was not plugged in to recharge when the fire occurred.
The high-end electric car company is still currently waiting on results of a U.S. probe into multiple battery fires, all of which so far are circumstantial and accident-related.
No official answers have yet emerged in regards to what may have caused the Toronto-based Model S fire, however.
“In this particular case, we don’t yet know the precise cause, but have definitively determined that it did not originate in the battery, the charging system, the adapter or the electrical receptacle, as these components were untouched by the fire,” said a Tesla spokesperson.
Just last year, the company updated its charging software as a precaution, soon after a Model S owner reported his car caught fire while recharging in a garage in Irvine, Calif.
In regards to that situation, the automaker concluded the fire was caused by house wiring, though local fire officials said it could have either been the house or the car’s charging cable.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) began its investigation into the Tesla Model S on Nov. 19.
This was following two previous U.S. fire-related instances in which the cars’ on-board lithium-ion battery packs ruptured when the drivers got into two separate road accidents.